[NSRCA-discussion] since the list is slooooooow...

J N Hiller jnhiller at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 22 17:34:43 AKDT 2008

Jason I totally agree with John Pavlick regarding aileron connectors with
insufficient or excessive offset. The 1/4" offset is too close to the hinge
line and most of them have too much clearance for a clevis pin and loosen
prematurely. The attached photo shows a clevis I made from a glass filled
motor mount to accept a DuBro ball link. I made a couple pair of these and
really like them I have a 3/8 offset but 1/2 would probably be better. I
also use 8-32 x 2 studs. I sent this to DuBro a year or two ago and
understandably they weren’t interested in adding it to their line.
Jim Hiller