[NSRCA-discussion] Statement from FMA

mike mueller mups1953 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 20 04:22:11 AKST 2008

Statement from FMA Direct Management in response to posts on leading RC Online Forums.

During the last week of October, FMA received two inquiries within a matter of days about possible compromised credit cards. In both cases the customer informed us that they had used their card at multiple online sites and could not confirm which site(s) could have been compromised. We promptly notified the company who hosts our website about the possible compromise of our database. After extensive research on their end, our website host notified FMA that no breach could be detected. Nevertheless, as of November 1, 2008 the additional precautionary measures were implemented by FMA?s host:

1) Hardened all login passwords that could have presented an opportunity for such theft.
2) Added stronger encryption algorithms to any credit card transactions received on our partner's web hosting company?s servers.
3) Added additional security measures to further ensure credit card information is secure at our web hosting service.