[NSRCA-discussion] FAI flight time rule

Dave DaveL322 at comcast.net
Wed May 14 19:52:59 AKDT 2008

Jeff,

10 minutes for schedules with 23 maneuvers is not much different than 8
minutes for schedules with 19 maneuvers (including takeoff and landing).
With the older P schedule, it was not difficult to exceed 10 minutes if the
takeoff and landing sequences were very large and slow (1 minute for takeoff
seq, 45 sec to land - pretty easy to save 30 seconds on these alone), and
the sequence was big and relaxed.  Now, the Prelim sequences are 19
maneuvers (as are the finals sequences) - which means about 90 seconds less
airtime - so dropping the clock from 10 to 8 minutes is not a biggy.

My understanding is that the Prelim sequences were shorted to shorten the
duration of the Prelims at the Worlds - 2 minutes x 4 rounds x 100 pilots
makes a huge difference.

Regards,

Dave Lockhart

DaveL322 at comcast.net