[NSRCA-discussion] Fuel tanks

John Konneker jlkonn at hotmail.com
Wed May 14 06:21:32 AKDT 2008

Ah...Mark...the header tank...didn't even think of that!
Thanks!
JLK

Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 09:56:49 -0400From: atwoodm at paragon-inc.comTo: nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.orgSubject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] Fuel tanks
Well...when the DZ’s first came out I ran a bladder tank for a bit...that effectively does the same thing.  But they’re a pain...you always have to be careful how you fill them, and always a measured amount.I’ve had much MUCH better success and simplicity by using a small header tank instead.  You still get “sloshing” in the main tank, but we’ve always had that. The header tank though remains full and gives the engine a constant draw.-MOn 5/14/08 9:37 AM, "John Konneker" <jlkonn at hotmail.com> wrote:
I am running a 24 oz tank right now for practice but would like to run either a smaller tank or less fuel load for contests.This has me thinking...seems I once heard that NASCAR runs some kind of foam in their gas tanks to eliminate sloshing.Anyone ever heard of or tried something similar in a model?JLK