[NSRCA-discussion] Let us bicker about who can use the list

Chad Northeast chad at f3acanada.org
Mon May 12 21:00:35 AKDT 2008

I will try and give this a perspective from someone in Canada, who in
the past was not and NSRCA member, but is today (even though I am slow
at renewing some years!).  Maybe this can give some reasons to canucks
reading the list why its important to join.

In the not too distant past, I flew local contests only, had never
participated in any event in the US, the Canadian sequences were our own
and different from the the US, we had no voice in the NSRCA, or the
K-Factor (that I am aware of anyway).  It was difficult at best to
justify spending $40 US (which at the time worked out to $60 CND) for
essentially what I felt was a magazine.  So with that in mind you can
see why it was difficult to make the decision to join.

So we come to today, I have flown in a number of US Nats and benefited
tremendously from that exposure, we now have a Canadian column in the
K-factor, we use in whole and in part sequences created by the NSRCA for
our own schedules.  I think these opportunities have given Canadians an
opportunity to get exposure that we otherwise would not have, this is
crucial to growing and developing pattern in our country.

I think it would be a shame if the NSRCA got frustrated and locked out
foreigners from the US Nats, the K-Factor, the NSRCA email list etc.
All of us directly and indirectly benefit from this organization and we
should support if our situations allow.

So I encourage all the Canadians reading this list who are not members
to support the NSRCA.

Chad