[NSRCA-discussion] Batteries

Chad Northeast chad at f3acanada.org
Fri Mar 14 05:22:36 AKDT 2008

I think a huge part of the 5300 Prolites ability to deliver under
extreme abuse (I should know! :) ) is in large part due to a 4p config
rather than 1p as in the current packs.  In a 1p when that cell gets
weak its over, in a 4p when a cell gets weak the other 3 in the 4p can
help it along for quite a while before they all get weak.

I am really convinced that a move to 1p config packs has brought with it
lower useful cycle life.  I feel you need to be a lot more cautious with
the 1p packs than the 4p's, or they will not last you very long :)

Chad