[NSRCA-discussion] Batteries

mike mueller mups1953 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 14 04:38:08 AKDT 2008

 Chris Moon and I have bought the new TrueRC 5000 packs. He has been testing them for the last 2 months. They seem as strong if not stronger than his FP 5350 pack. The cost is only $110 a 5S pack. I've bought 4 packs and I'm hoping that they are as good as initial testing has shown. I also have 2 brand new TP V2 Extreme 10S 5000 packs. All the packs at the 10S configuration weigh in around 42oz's with all the connectors.
   The True RC packs have a lower C rating but this may be a good thing. The higher C ratings seem to come at the cost of lower pack life. Look at the TP Pro lite's many have exceeded the 200 cycle barrier and still have a decent pack. The TP Extreme's V1's were dying in 50 flights and I have yet to see much better than a hundred flights from the FP's. From my observation the older TP Prolites deliver plenty of power for our setups. So I think the TrueRC offerings are going to do the trick. Dan from True is claiming over 200 cycles on them. I hope that I can get 100. At the $'s he's getting it will be a huge bargain. Mike Mueller

  The link is www.flightpowerusa.com

  I need to buy some packs myself.  Anybody know if they will be at Toledo?

Bob Kane
getterflash at yahoo.com