[NSRCA-discussion] Batteries

mike mueller mups1953 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 14 05:44:03 AKDT 2008

 Oh OK Chad I didn't know that. That is really interesting. Either way my thoughts on the TrueRC packs is that the price is certainly worth considering. If as good as they seem it changes the cost structure of flying Electric. Mike

Chad Northeast <chad at f3acanada.org> wrote:  I think a huge part of the 5300 Prolites ability to deliver under
extreme abuse (I should know! :) ) is in large part due to a 4p config
rather than 1p as in the current packs. In a 1p when that cell gets
weak its over, in a 4p when a cell gets weak the other 3 in the 4p can
help it along for quite a while before they all get weak.

I am really convinced that a move to 1p config packs has brought with it
lower useful cycle life. I feel you need to be a lot more cautious with
the 1p packs than the 4p's, or they will not last you very long :)

Chad