[NSRCA-discussion] 2009-2010 Rules proposals

atwoodm at paragon-inc.com atwoodm at paragon-inc.com
Wed Jul 9 07:47:19 AKDT 2008

I can answer for our area.  The concerns were two fold.

1) It makes one radius significantly more important than the rest.  A mistake at the beginning of a maneuver would be far more penalizing than a mistake at the end. Seemed to many to be inconsistent with how we normally judge a maneuver.
2) Difficult to judge/ hard to properly enforce. Trying to evaluate if the last radius of a horizontal 8 (the maneuver typical used when discussing this) matches the first after seeing 6 other corners of variuos sizes is next to impossible.

Most had other ideas for possible solutions, and all would like to see the guideline changed, but none felt this was better or preferable to what is currently in place.

Last comment is that feedback, at least in my district (3) was limited at best.  I made an effort to ask people, but many didn't have an opinion. "Tell me the rules and I'll follow them" was the general attitude. Which is one of the reasons I'm an advocate of stable rules.
The feedback I did get was all neutral or negative. There was no one that seemed to champion this rule change in our area.
-Mark