[NSRCA-discussion] Fw: Glow Driver

Karl G. Mueller kgamueller at rogers.com
Sat Jul 5 12:34:26 AKDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: Karl G. Mueller
To: General pattern discussion
Sent: Saturday, July 05, 2008 4:34 PM
Subject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] Glow Driver

Jeff,

It sounds like that the internal battery is on it's way out or at
least one of the cells. I had the same problem. The LED's would
light up but there wasn't enough power going to the plug to burn
off the oil accumulated in the bottom ( inverted engine ).
Since these are not standard size batteries I could not find
replacements easy enough and attached an external pack ( 4.8V
flight pack ) to the bottom of the driver with an external plug for the
battery. Use an older flight-pack that you don't trust to power the
airborne anymore. This way you can fast charge the battery from
a 12 volt fast charger if you have to or just plug in an other battery.

Karl G. Mueller
kgamueller at rogers.com