[NSRCA-discussion] Aileron cut-off

glmiller3 at suddenlink.net glmiller3 at suddenlink.net
Thu Jan 31 06:12:07 AKST 2008

I cut mine with a bandsaw with the wing in the bottom shuck.  Then I glue the shuck back together so I can still use it for support and protection.

From: Mark Atwood <atwoodm at paragon-inc.com>

Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 09:57:15
Subject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] Aileron cut-off

What's the bottom of the wing look like?  Doesn't the blade end up cutting
pretty far past the end point on the bottom side?

Also, and this may just be me... But I use the shucks a LOT throughout the
building of the plane.  Both for keeping the wings from getting damaged, but
also for any drilling and sanding so as to hold the wing square.  I'd hate
to cut up my shuck at that stage.

I must say though, it looks like you get a very straight, very clean (and
I'm guessing VERY quick) cut.

-mark