[NSRCA-discussion] Fwd: Altitude limits

Keith Hoard khoard at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 09:34:13 AKST 2008

Perhaps the AMA should contact the FAA about getting all of the established
model fields a fixed chunk of airspace up to, say, 1000 AGL and 1/2 mile
radius.  The vast majority of model fields in the US would extend into
uncontrolled airspace so it wouldn't be a problem and then people can quit
worrying about the AC.  This would most likely end up being a simple NOTAM,
but it would finally put this issue to rest.

There are many types of operations in uncontrolled airspace such as
full-scale aerobatics, parachuting, model rockets. . . all of them get
permission to use airspace above 400 AGL, model airplanes should get the
same authority.

--

Keith Hoard
Collierville, TN