[NSRCA-discussion] Full Scale Airport

Mark Atwood atwoodm at paragon-inc.com
Thu Jan 17 08:38:40 AKST 2008

The piece that¹s missing in this decision is the activity level and ³style²
of the airport.  We held an event at a local municipal airport and it
remained open...But a few things prevailed. A) the traffic was VERY low, and
B) we were able to invite (and had interest from) all of the resident pilots
to come spectate.  There was mutual interest, and there was no antagonism
about us interfering with ³their² runway.  Our tone was one of appreciative
guests, and they played the part of willing hosts.

In a two day event we had 2 full scales land and we stopped both times.  In
one of the two cases, the pilot who intended to stop, refuel and go, chose
to stay the remaining 2.5 hours and watch rather than disrupt the event
again.

It has far more to do with the local volume and the relationship you have
with the local flyers and airport management than it does a cut and dry, do
or don¹t fly at airports.

-Mark