[NSRCA-discussion] aero question

Jerry Stebbins JAStebbins at worldnet.att.net
Sat Jan 5 18:02:50 AKST 2008

Jason, what plane, and what is the rudder shape, is it counter balanced?
Rake should give you more of a pitch couple--probably pretty small. I have
tried 1/2 inch and saw nothing, but was not looking at your conditions. more
at pitch effects.
Might be the upper section of the rudder is somehow seeing less flow at high
angles, and therefore being less effective--that would become a right roll
couple as you are seeing. --- might try taping on more area on top.
Jerry