[NSRCA-discussion] X9303 2.4GHz Gimbal Wire Bulletin

Troy A. Newman troy_newman at msn.com
Tue Aug 19 15:40:25 AKDT 2008

Guys,

I just wanted to let you know. Horizon Hobby and JR took quick response and
action regarding the X9303 aileron gimbal question.

I just received this notice and felt it important to share with you.

JR has released a bulletin with instructions to solve the problem with the
link below.

One note is that this is only the X9303 2.4 DSM system that has the issue.
It takes lots of wear to damage the wires.

There have been some photos of systems with frayed wires on the various
websites. Its an easy fix. I just pulled my X9303 and took care of it. My
system has about 200-300 flights on it. It only showed a very small mark on
the wire insulation. Other systems have shown larger amounts of wear in this
amount of flying.  Takes about 5 mins. Very easy to do.

http://www.jrradios.com/Articles/Article.aspx?ArticleID=1822

If you have one of these systems and have a question regarding this bulletin
or your gimbals wires have been worn through to the bare wire please contact
Horizon's Customer support the details and contact information is in the
bulletin.

Thanks to Horizon Hobby and JR for their quick response and solution to a
potential problem.

Troy Newman
Team JR