[NSRCA-discussion] Small Car - 2 m plane hauling

Del drykert2 at rochester.rr.com
Tue Aug 12 06:48:34 AKDT 2008

Realize this all varies but my '89 Astro never gave me grief with majority of its 88,000 miles pulling 3,800 to 5,500# trailers plus the two 2m planes and field gear. Granted I never was a speed demon but my rationale was hauling my workshop, sleeping quarters and restaurant gave me the luxury of staying right at the action.

    Del

        Ed, I work on these things everyday, if you buy a mit don't say I didn't warn you. :)

        Dave, take a pencil eraser and clean the contacts on the doors, btw has it blown the head gaskets yet? If not it most likely doesn't have the 3.8 engine.

        By far the Scaryvans give far less trouble than any other minivan in the same class. Look at it this way, a mommymobile isn't anything different than a pickup with a camper shell.

        Tim