[NSRCA-discussion] Small Car - 2 m plane hauling

Chad Northeast chad at f3acanada.org
Tue Aug 12 04:36:46 AKDT 2008

Toyota Matrix, or Pontiac Vibe (same car basically) are great options as
well.  I have owned a 2003 matrix and a 2009 matrix (both xrs), they can
pretty easily haul around a 2m model and your stuff and are good on
gas.  You can't beat a Toyota for reliability, have owned 4 of them and
put a few 100,000 km combined on them, none has ever seen the shop for
anything more than regular maintenance.

I do have a Sienna for my planes though (the matrix is agnes's car), and
it blows the doors off using anything else....nothing like a large van.
Nedim and I went to Munice (7000km round trip) with 3 planes, and tons
of gear with plenty of room to spare.  The minivan is worth it if you
are going to be traveling a lot.

Chad