[NSRCA-discussion] Help with 12X

Troy Newman troy at troynewman.net
Tue Aug 5 19:44:06 AKDT 2008

Tim,

Yes you could something similar but the radio already has different
curve types.

LIN
NORM Expo
VTR50
VTR60
VTR70
VTR80
VTR90
LIN/EXPO
EXP/LIN

You just rotate the cursor to the top right of the D/R screen where it
says curve type and you can choose which one you want. At first with
this radio I didn't think it had the extra curves but they are there.
Just like the 10X.

George,

Glad you got it covered. I just played with it some and its a really
cool setup. You can choose up to 5 different snap roll setups in this
program and it looks like you can activate it with multiple stick
positions. Like Elevator and AIL both at full deflection or near full
then it activates the snap "button program" not only that it can be tied
to Flight modes so you could have a default flight mode be snap roll not
active. Like I said I don't use it but I'm curious how flexible it is.
>From the looks of things you could do the snaps, motions on your sticks
and then have the actual end points tweaked to give you the best snap
once the sticks reach a certain point. Meaning it doesn't act like a
button but you pull the sticks the corners and when they are all in
their "corner" then the rates for each snap are controlled by the snap
roll program...so its not really a button on off program....instead its
a when you move to 90% right aileron, 90% right rudder and 90% up
elevator all at the same time your rates change to the values setup in
the Snap roll program. Not only that but you could make just one or two
sticks be the activation not all three. I need to play with this
more...not that I would use it but its kind of cool and it might be a
way for a guy to have his snap condition without ever flipping a
switch...Just when he puts the sticks in the right spot the rates got to
the new values.

On your other question regarding balance.  Balance is really designed
around more than one servo on the same control surface. Like two
ailerons servos per aileron. The balance menu allows for a 7pt curve on
one of the servos to match it up to the other on the surface. Yes you
could use it with separate aileron servos on separate surfaces but that
is not its intent.  Use you subtrim-and end points to match them up. If
you find a problem  where at partial travels the ailerons are not
matching up....and you can't fix it in geometry for what ever reason the
Balance function can help you.

Now where it does work well is if you have dual elevator servos on
separate surfaces. This allows the second elevator servo to have a 7pt
curve to match up its travel precise with the other side. This way
through the entire elevator stick travel the servos can be matched up
using the curve points.

If you MATE up an additional elevator servo you will get the Elev
Balance in the menu. Same would go for Flaps or rudders. Its acts like a
match box....but a matchbox does middle and each end so it has a 3 point
curve. The Balance menu gives the user an addition 4pts to the curve two
on each side of center to match things up. IT could be considered a
"SUPER" matchbox built right into the TX. Another way to look at it is a
Curve mix in the program mix menu...you have all the points of the curve
yet its built in and you don't need  to use a curve mix.

Troy Newman
Team JR