[NSRCA-discussion] Aluminum fuel lines

Gray E Fowler gfowler at raytheon.com
Wed Apr 16 05:14:50 AKDT 2008

Epoxy...NOT 5 or 15 minute.

Gray Fowler
Senior Principal Chemical Engineer
Radomes and Specialty Apertures
Technical Staff Composites Engineering
Raytheon

John Konneker <jlkonn at hotmail.com>
Sent by: nsrca-discussion-bounces at lists.f3a.us
04/16/2008 06:41 AM
Please respond to
NSRCA Mailing List <nsrca-discussion at lists.f3a.us>

Discussion List <nsrca-discussion at lists.f3a.us>
cc

Subject
[NSRCA-discussion] Aluminum fuel lines

I have finally reached the point all the mods I wanted to do to last
year's Focus are complete.
Now the reassembly.
In one of many attempts to reduce the planes weight I want to shorten my
fuel lines by moving my fuel dots and also by substituting
aluminum tubing for fuel line where I can on the long runs.  What's the
best way to anchor the aluminum?  Glue balsa standoff blocks to the
fuse sides and run the tubing through the blocks?  What kind of adhesive
will hold the best since I am sure some small amount of surface
oxidation will occur causing some glues to work better than others.
Thanks!
NSRCA-discussion mailing list
NSRCA-discussion at lists.nsrca.org