[NSRCA-discussion] Aluminum fuel lines

Rick Wallace rickwallace45 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 16 05:46:57 AKDT 2008

When the lines are running through the wood support (not just tacked to a side of it), I've had good results with a small dab of RTV silicone, esp after lightly sanding the aluminum tubing & wiping w/ alcohol.

To: nsrca-discussion at lists.f3a.usFrom: gfowler at raytheon.comDate: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 08:14:03 -0500Subject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] Aluminum fuel linesEpoxy...NOT 5 or 15 minute.Gray FowlerSenior Principal Chemical EngineerRadomes and Specialty AperturesTechnical Staff Composites EngineeringRaytheon

John Konneker <jlkonn at hotmail.com> Sent by: nsrca-discussion-bounces at lists.f3a.us
04/16/2008 06:41 AM

Discussion List <nsrca-discussion at lists.f3a.us>

cc

Subject
[NSRCA-discussion] Aluminum fuel lines

I have finally reached the point all the mods I wanted to do to last year's Focus are complete.Now the reassembly.In one of many attempts to reduce the planes weight I want to shorten my fuel lines by moving my fuel dots and also by substitutingaluminum tubing for fuel line where I can on the long runs.  What's the best way to anchor the aluminum?  Glue balsa standoff blocks to thefuse sides and run the tubing through the blocks?  What kind of adhesive will hold the best since I am sure some small amount of surfaceoxidation will occur causing some glues to work better than others.Thanks!JLK_______________________________________________NSRCA-discussion mailing listNSRCA-discussion at lists.nsrca.orghttp://lists.nsrca.org/mailman/listinfo/nsrca-discussion