[NSRCA-discussion] Joy of Trim

Matthew Frederick mjfrederick at cox.net
Fri Apr 11 14:24:19 AKDT 2008

Vince, you would be amazed at what having a well-trimmed airplane can compensate for... Even my flying looks decent with Bryan's airplanes... The coolest thing I noticed was when I was flying his composite Shinden (production model)... I was doing a 4-point roll and dumb-thumbed the backside rudder... as ugly as it looked I was still able to recover and didn't lose much from the original line. A well trimmed airplane will fly a good line no matter what attitude it's in, and simply giving a little wrong rudder for a split second won't kill a maneuver (or the one that follows for that matter).

Matt