[NSRCA-discussion] What mount for YS160/170

CHV69 at aol.com CHV69 at aol.com
Mon Sep 10 14:19:45 AKDT 2007

In a message dated 9/10/2007 5:34:47 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
cchariandy at yahoo.ca writes:

I have no experience running the 160 and am getting an Integral preped  for
next season. There are quite a few Hyde mounts in a wide range of prices  and
weights ranging from the light and cheap (Type CR, 3oz, $55) to  the heavy and
expensive (HCMY16ARIA, 4.9oz,  $228).

I plan on installing a nose ring and I hate seeing the Engine  rocking back
and forth in the cowl at idle.

Can you advise on a sensible choice?

Another way of asking this would be...whats the least expensive mount  that
does the job?

I used the Hyde ARI for both my integrals. I run OS 1.40 RX in each. They
are aluminum weigh 4.7 oz have the built in nose ring. I have absolutely no
rocking of the engine at idle. Vibration is extremely low as well.

Others have used Budd mounts with good success as well. I am not sure Budd
makes one for a 1.60.

Why are you going to use a OS 1.60 instead of an OS 1.40 RX?

Carl