[NSRCA-discussion] Chargers

Nat Penton natpenton at centurytel.net
Mon Sep 3 16:31:26 AKDT 2007

Ihncheol
I have well over 500 charges on TP 5300s. With four packs, I rarely charge in the field. Have never used anything but the Astro 109s and I am totally satisfied. They are fully automatic. I use a jumper and charge the packs in parallel 99% of the time.

The TP205V balancers are convenient to use and should  be used every charge - before or during or after. Batteries get out of balance because of non - uniform cooling, therefore non-uniform discharge. There is no solution but to balance -  no problem.

Don't cycle. What appears to damage batteries is heat and physical damage. I have never been aware of capacity degradation, but have had to discard some because they looked like they were about to blow, LOL.

I have used 100% capacity, inadvertently, several times. IMHP this does not damage batteries. Heat is the enemy.

TP stated you could charge the Prolites at 2 to 3C but I have never had a need.                       Nat