[NSRCA-discussion] Metal Servo Arms

Earl Haury ejhaury at comcast.net
Sat Sep 1 05:36:41 AKDT 2007

Bob

I've no direct info regarding soft mounts on the big gassers. It's my understanding that they were used by some TOC competitors. I've been told that some engine manufacturers advise that using a soft mount will void the warranty. Also, that using a soft mount results in broken cranks. Others claim that the big composite airframes are designed to absorb the vibes and don't need a soft mount. My guess is that just adding a soft mount in the radial mounting scheme may not work well - but this is a mounting problem and not a mount problem.

Earl