[NSRCA-discussion] D3 Championship

george w. kennie geobet at gis.net
Wed Oct 17 10:02:47 AKDT 2007

Well stated Matt !!!!
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: rcmaster199 at aol.com
  To: nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org
  Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2007 7:25 AM
  Subject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] D3 Championship

  No, not "Supposed to be"....IS FUN.

  The plight isn't so much flying against others...someone said that one is flying against his or her own personal best. I couldn't agree more.

  However, a fellow burns gallons by the case and gets very good at his craft. Some expectation comes with that kind of commitment...that is, to get a Just Reward for his effort. When the Just Reward is perceived as not coming, then he could get (fill in your blank of your own reaction).

  The perception of Just Reward isn't new nor is it likely to ever go away in this sport. The problem is that Just Reward is, to a degree, beyond the control of the pilot... ours is a judged event after all, by panels of our peers.

  Personally, I feel that it took a heck of a lot of guts to say what Jim said.... I took a step back and took inventory of my judging and scoring habits. I think that the challenge is for every one else who judges the FAI F3A events (actually, any events) to do the same.

  Don put together a fine brief summary of the major stuff we as judges look for. We can all do each other a great service to study it and apply it without bias.

  regards all,

  Matt K