[NSRCA-discussion] D3 Championship

Woodward, Jim jim.woodward at baesystems.com
Wed Oct 17 03:56:31 AKDT 2007

Ryan - already forgotten.

Prior to launching this topic in a manner which has not been done
before, I figured that I would receive untold flames and bad email, &
may be the catalyst for leaving pattern entirely.  Instead, I can tell
you that unequivocally through private emails sent back to me that this
exact same phenomena is occurring in D4, D7, and Internationally, each
with horrendous examples of quoting one, "... less than objective"
scoring taking place.

The best solution proposed so far has been interactive flying/judging
events to take place at contests (... if I understood this person's
email correctly).

Another opinion expressed privately was that there is a feeling that
TREMENDOUS PRESSURE is on the FAI judges to "get it right."  That these
same persons trying to break the cycle and get it right are feeling the
"paypack" when they fly.  For those that are doing their utter best,
care, invest their time (& risk) in judging, I say THANK YOU for doing
EVERYTHING you can to ensure folks are getting your best. It is
DEFINIETLY appreciated.  Another opinion was, "... why should I score
it, get it right, feel the heat for bunking the system, only to see the
other judge skew the score by being 100 points off??"  I can only say
again, thank you for doing your part to uphold the system!

Jim W.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and proprietary information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient(s), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.