[NSRCA-discussion] Rudder Dual Rate

Bob Wilson wilsorc at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 12:56:09 AKDT 2007

I'm working on the Intermediate pattern and have got a question on dual
rates.
Except for the stall turns I like to keep the rudder on a lower rate...this
keeps me from over-controlling direction changes.
On the two stall turn maneuvers, however,  I flip it to high rate, but then
back again as soon as the maneuver is over.
Just curious if anyone else does this, and, in fact, does anyone alternate
between low and high rates while flying their respective sequences?  Or, am
I generating a bad habit?