[NSRCA-discussion] Repairs

Bill Thompson billt2 at verizon.net
Mon Nov 26 18:42:32 AKST 2007

Having worked with this type of material back in the 70's I always found it very hard to use. I designed molds for the neck on  Acoustic Guitars the fret board was Alum. and the back was foam. The foam was very strong and hard but that is because we used heat and inclosed mold. The foam was put in the mold under pressure.
In the 80's I used it to repair a couple of wing panel's using a plaster of Paris shell and weight. I would not recommend it because of the weight.