[NSRCA-discussion] Wing Construction

Woodward, Jim jim.woodward at baesystems.com
Thu Nov 8 06:43:10 AKST 2007

Instead of cutting out the "diamond" shape lightening holes, which
can/will produce diamond-shaped depressions or low-points in the wing if
too much vacuum is pulled or too much weight is added during the
sheeting cure, you could always just draw on an "X" on the sheeting and
lay one the glue in the X-pattern.  You get the "weight" savings from
the glue, without the negative impact of the honeycoming.

Thanks,

Jim W.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and proprietary information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient(s), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.