[NSRCA-discussion] Wing Construction

Mark Atwood atwoodm at paragon-inc.com
Thu Nov 8 06:56:13 AKST 2007

Bingo.  In fact you can use an even more spacious layout, and no real need
to take the time to draw it on the foam.  It¹s a simple process...  Draw all
the places you¹ll be cutting into the wing.  Servo openings (assuming you
put trays in ahead of sheeting), aileron cut outs (NOT the hingeline, but
rather the line you¹ll be cutting to to cap each side), etc.  Then using a
syringe simply lay a very fine bead around the perimeter of the wind (or
stab), on all of the cut lines, and then in a simple 2² square checkerboard
pattern over the rest of the wing.   You will get a VERY solid bond
everywhere you lay a bead, and there is zero issue of it pulling up where
there¹s no glue (anymore than there is if you core it.)   Very strong, very
light.  Same for turtle decks and the like.  No need to seal or prep the
skin either.

-Mark