[NSRCA-discussion] OS 160FX First start procedure

J N Hiller jnhiller at earthlink.net
Thu May 31 01:26:51 AKDT 2007

Pull the plug and see if the cavity is full of oil. I have seen this many
times when the airplane is stored with the cylinder down between flying
sessions. Oil from the crankcase seeps past the piston and fills the cavity.
Angled plugs in four cycles don’t seam to have the problem. Flush it with
fuel and if the engine is primed it should fire right up.
Jim Hiller