[NSRCA-discussion] Judges' Positioning, Zero Lines, and Box Definition

Matthew Frederick mjfrederick at cox.net
Wed May 16 20:13:44 AKDT 2007

Fred, thanks for saying that. That's the point I was trying to make. It's good to see the discussion has finally gone beyond the example I used to start the discussion. The past few messages I read really finally got to the heart of the matter: judges can only use the poles as reference during flight if their distance from the flight path is relatively small in order to reduce the error down to maybe 5-10 meters instead of the 71 meters in the hypothetical distances I used in the example. This error can also be reduced by shortening the distance between the apex of 120 degree angle and the judges. Hence my original complaint that the judges were too far behind me. Anyway, my goal has been achieved in that an awareness was raised. I look forward to seeing as many of you as possible at my club's get-together this weekend in Crowley. We'll be having a Crawfish boil Saturday night, and I've heard rumors of a possible pattern contest breaking out Saturday morning before we eat!

See you all there!

Matt