[NSRCA-discussion] Paint from a can?

Ken Thompson mrandmrst at comcast.net
Thu May 10 15:21:20 AKDT 2007

Tolerance only to about 15% nitro, and then I wouldn't leave it on too long.  Shoot from a can if you must, clear coat with automotive clear for optimum results.  Personally, I just repainted a good portion of Arch Staffords old Mantis with an acrylic latex called Ceramcoat, bought from WalMart.  After I was happy with the color, I shot it with Dupont Nason 496-00, with extremely good results.  Keep in mind I'm no real quality painter, but I can make it look good from a couple of feet away ;-)

Ken