[NSRCA-discussion] YS1.60DZ Starting Proceedures

Tim Taylor timsautopro at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 18 14:39:09 AKDT 2007

OK I finally took the YS1.60 apart and when I pulled the Valve cover to check the valve train I got what looked like  a gallon of fuel out of it. So being the Master of the Obvious that I am I must have flooded it, BADLY.

  So what are the correct starting and end of day procedures for this engine? I do have a shut off on the fuel line for between flights. Only thing I can figure out for why it quit in the air was I had it too rich at 2 turns out.

  The YS1.40FZ just doesn't have enough punch to fly the Focus with authority.

  Tim