[NSRCA-discussion] Chapter-5 Going too far.

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Tue Jun 26 03:20:00 AKDT 2007

I fully understand that I do not know the whole story, and probably never will.

  If, indeed, the contestants involved (or anyone representing the contestants) approached a judge to complain, this is inappropriate behavior according to the rules and should have been dealt with accordingly -- whether there was any bias or not. I have yet to see any information where this issue was dealt with according to the rules that do exist. Instead, action was taken against the judge in question and, as I understand it, there is no specific rule in place to justify the action taken, at least at the NSRCA level. This would be a CD's decision to make.

  What conclusion should I, or anyone for that matter, draw from this???

  As far as accepting whatever penalty the powers-that-be imposed without saying anything, well, that applies to the contestants as well, doesn't it? You hope that the judging will be fair.  However, judges are human and have their faults, including bias whether intentional or not. If you can't accept that, don't fly in front of human judges.

  My .02 cents worth (or 2 ounces worth).

  Bob R.

Leonard Rudy <rudyl11 at yahoo.com> wrote:
    John,

       The conflict may have blossomed like a Hockey Game Conflict, but in the NHL
  those "with the power" hear both sides and let each side present their case before
  the powers to be assign penalties.  After the penalties are imposed, the player or
  individual still has the right to appeal the decision.
       You say Eric should take whatever the powers to be want and don't make any
  noise or waves.
       This is a clear message to others who will be judging at meets in the future.  DO NOT GIVE THE GOOD OLD BOYS GROUP any low or bad scores or you may be on the receiving end of some form of penalty that you will not like.

  Len Rudy
    "Life is easier if you learn to plow around the stumps" or in other words, do not
  hand out low scores to the Good Old Boys or you will pay dearly for it one way or
  another.

Fred Huber <fhhuber at clearwire.net> wrote:
      v\:* {   BEHAVIOR: url(#default#VML)  }  o\:* {   BEHAVIOR: url(#default#VML)  }  w\:* {   BEHAVIOR: url(#default#VML)  }  .shape {   BEHAVIOR: url(#default#VML)  }        st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }              The penalty does not appear appropriate...

  It also sounds like it was not applied in a manner consistant with the rules system.