[NSRCA-discussion] Airplane Weight Limits

Gray E Fowler gfowler at raytheon.com
Thu Jun 21 11:20:18 AKDT 2007

Ron

Since you are the intermediary, tell John that "The Point" is a problem.
His point is really many points that will be affected by this single point
rule change.
Many things about the rules will never be perfect and I think the point
about the responses being received are that his proposed change does not
come without baggage of its own creating new problems, not to mention
being premature.

People are flying and winning with electric power with the current rules
in place. Where is the problem? A few cannot build under the 5Kg limit?
Which is FAI, out of our control, and where the majority of the electrics
are anyway. So if we increase the weight limit in AMA specifically for
electric, FAI'ers can't use that.
So my Point is, this proposal fixes nothing and creates more problems. As
far as John's point, let him know that "I dig baby" but does not compute.

Sorry to be so pointed......

Gray Fowler
Senior Principal Chemical Engineer
Radomes and Specialty Apetures
Technical Staff Composites Engineering
Raytheon

Ron Van Putte <vanputte at cox.net>
Sent by: nsrca-discussion-bounces at lists.nsrca.org
06/21/2007 01:44 PM
Please respond to
NSRCA Mailing List <nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org>

cc

Subject
[NSRCA-discussion] Airplane Weight Limits

I just got this response from John Fuqua.

Ron Van Putte

The guys are missing the point.  It is not about what can be achieved on
weight.  It is what is permitted by the rules.  They are not arguing the
logic of what the rules allow (in most cases) but examples of what has
been achieved.   Please make that point.

John