[NSRCA-discussion] YS fuel

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Tue Jul 3 07:36:57 AKDT 2007

Ron,

  Try the 20 in the OS, I bet it will be ok.

  It has been my personal experience that, unless the engine is over-compressed, the engine won't run any hotter with the extra nitro, in fact it may run cooler.  This seems contrary to what most people believe, but I did find some basis for it in an old magazine article that stated nitro burns cooler (less btu output than methanol) but it expands to a much larger volume when burned.

  Bob R.

ron at inweldcorp.com wrote:
                Thanks guys for all the help!  I think I will start out with Pro-Pattern 20 and see how it goes.  I hope to also use this in my OS46FX 2-stroke if it doesn’t run too hot (running Omega 15 now).  Or maybe I should leave my 2-stroke fuel as is.
    Ron