[NSRCA-discussion] YS fuel

Tom Simes simestd at netexpress.com
Tue Jul 3 07:17:55 AKDT 2007

On Tue, 3 Jul 2007 10:37:04 -0500
<ron at inweldcorp.com> wrote:

> Thanks guys for all the help!  I think I will start out with
> Pro-Pattern 20 and see how it goes.  I hope to also use this in my
> OS46FX 2-stroke if it doesn't run too hot (running Omega 15 now).  Or
> maybe I should leave my 2-stroke fuel as is.
>
> Ron

I use Powermaster's YS 20/20 fuel in my OS .46 AX and it turns an APC
11x5 @ 13,200 ~ 13,300 RPM (static) at sea level with the needle 3-4
clicks on the rich side of peak.  No modifications, shims or anything
and I'm using an OS A3 glow plug.

I really like the 20/20 fuel because it runs well in all my engines -
and that simplifies what I have to haul to the field.  Some engine
manuals recommend a head shim for fuels above a certain % nitro, but so
far the only one I've added a shim to is my Thunder Tiger .36.

Tom

   "Z-80 system stack overflow.  Shut 'er down Scotty, the system's

Tom Simes                                       simestd at netexpress.com