[NSRCA-discussion] PPG Concept and White primer base question

Dean Funk deanfunk1 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 28 14:56:55 AKST 2007

HI Scott,

I've been dipping and spooning, and all along I have
60cc syringes in the shop... great ideal...!

what I like about the syringes is that they are self
cleaning, and you can shot back (recover) in the can
what you don't use.

the main waste problem with dipping epoxy cups, spoons
etc. is the thicker paints coat the "dipper" and you
can't recover that paint without wasting a good bit.
You could coat a epoxy cup with about 4 ml of K-36 -
and maybe wipe off about 2 ml... or something like
that, I do know there is a lot of waste with any
dipping method when you are doing small shots or
primer or color...

I'll be shooting color this week, so I will give it a
go, I am also thinking about making some type of
hanging / dripping rack for the syringes to recover
even more product. I've seen these for other uses - or
maybe someone knows a link to a product like that.....

thanks all for the info,

and keep it coming : )

dean

http://www.charlesriverrc.org/articles/construction/ppgpaintmatch.htm#Ultrac