[NSRCA-discussion] January K-Factor is Up

Martin X. Moleski, SJ moleski at canisius.edu
Sat Jan 20 10:02:23 AKST 2007

Dear Jon,

> Still takes me to the membership expired page this morning.

That means that the folks who have the passwords and knowhow
are probably busy with the Rest of Life (tm) this morning.

> Also found out that the Paypal account is not linked to the membership
> roster.  Has to be updated by hand.

Correct.  That is how things have been on the old site
from the beginning.  That isn't anything new or different.

> And the Paypal payments aren't or
> weren't going to the secretary or treasurer, they went to the
> webmaster.

That is false.

Paypal was wrongly attributing payment to me because I was listed
as the "Customer Service Rep."  All payments went to the NSRCA.
None have come to me.

I had no idea that people were receiving those PayPal receipts
with my e-mail on them.

I hope we can set up a system in which Paypal notifies
the NSRCA site that the dues have been payed, resulting
in an immediate and automated update of the database,
unlike the present system which relies on people to
do the update.

				Marty