[NSRCA-discussion] Pull-Pull

rcmaster199 at aol.com rcmaster199 at aol.com
Wed Jan 10 05:47:50 AKST 2007

Jay,

It's a matter of preference and not absolute. Some guys prefer pull-pull on elevators also (me). I found the pull-pull set-up easier to install and maintain that the other type. It is much lighter system and allows superb adjustment capability compared to the push-pull.

The only type pushpull that could potentially rival pullpull is twin elevator servos in the rear of the model, but then you have to make sure the servos are matched and it's a heavier, more expensive system. Another potential problem with twin servos when they are driven by different channels is channel matching. Some older radios have a built in delay in the aux channel so one can never match the servo track. My old JR 10 ch has such a programming flaw, for example.

In general though, elevator would not be driven by two channels, but ailerons were, and trimming the model was never accomplished to my satisfaction until I changed the set-up

MattK

 .Sent: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 7:37 AM
Subject: [NSRCA-discussion] Pull-Pull

Why are rudder controls pull-pull and elevator controls push-pull?

Jay Marshall