[NSRCA-discussion] Pull-Pull

Dean Pappas d.pappas at kodeos.com
Wed Jan 10 05:41:47 AKST 2007

Hi Jay,
The reason, that dates back from the mezolithic era (maybe the early
'80s) was that rudder pushrods bowing under G load caused loop trim
problems.
It mimicked a heavy wingtip problem!
That's what drove many of us to pull-pull in the first place.
We quickly discovered that the bottom rudder hinges took a lot less
beating with pull-pulls
because air loads were always trying to pull the hinges out of the
tailpost with one direction of rudder deflection,
and that control authority was improved compared to the "push"
direction.

Yes, I have tried pull-pull on the elevators, and I like it.

Dean

Dean Pappas
Sr. Design Engineer
Kodeos Communications