[NSRCA-discussion] Glow drivers

Kelly Regan kelly.regan2 at verizon.net
Sun Jan 7 11:32:28 AKST 2007

You guys where right!  I think I need a Radio South Pro driver!

I am having a hard time starting my OS 140 Rx.  It seems that with
the engine inverted the oil from the last time I flew is puddling in the
glow plug and making it hard to start.

After each flight I turn the engine off, then pull the fuel line and
plug it.
Once I am fueled I also keep the line off and plugged so and preasure
in the tank will not drive the fuel into the engine.

I understand that a stand alone glow driver is not putting out enough
power to burn off the wet, so I did some experimenting over the
weekend with an old power panel I had laying around.  Even with
the to 4 or 5 it can't burn off enough oil/fuel to make the engine start
easily.  Once I remove the plug and shake the oil/fuel out it will fire up
OK.    I am not getting a lot of fuel out of the engine when I remove the
plug, a drop or three,  so I don't think the engine is getting totally
flooded.

My question is will the Radio South Driver burn off this mess without
having to remove the plug?    It is my understanding that is pulses 3 volts
to the plug.

Sorry for the long winded post and thank you for the help.

--

Kelly Regan

Home Page: www.reganspace.com