[NSRCA-discussion] Small Models ... good for the futureofthePattern Event?

Adrien L Terrenoire amad2terry at juno.com
Thu Jan 4 17:37:01 AKST 2007

How about a graduated increase in size??
All Sportsmen entrys must be .60, or less. .90 four stroke, with maybe a
weigh limit of 9 lb.
Intermediate can use up to 1.20 4 stroke, or maybe a .90 2 stroke. 10 lb
limit?
In advance, let it open up.
Some logic:
Smaller, less costly planes in lower classes. The Sportsman planes can be
used in Intermediate, and can be competitive for the first year or 2. A
loarger plane can be built that wil take them into the Advance class for
a year or so. Then the committment can be made to go "big time". All done
on a gradual basis. Electronicss could be moved from plane to plane. If
built light enough, the Int plane at 10 lb with a 1.20 could have a 1.40
dropped in for the move to Adv.

Terry T.

On Thu, 4 Jan 2007 15:32:34 -0500 "Ed Miller" <edbon85 at charter.net>
writes:
> I think the fact there are a slew of 60 to 90 sized pattern arfs
> readily
> available at a sub $300 price tag will motivate newbies more than
> the
> cumbersome size issue.  If or when a newbie gets hooked, the size
> issue, or
> lack there of, then is an added benefit.  Problem is and we've all
> been
> there is the question "what do I need to compete with".  There you
> stand
> touting all the good 60 to 90 size planes out there while trying to
> hide
> your guppy 2M plane of the week............
> Ed M.

http://imagine-windowslive.com/search/kits/default.aspx?kit=improve&local
e=e