[NSRCA-discussion] NSRCA Dues Increase

george w. kennie geobet at gis.net
Wed Jan 3 09:54:20 AKST 2007

John,
I hope you remember that I love Ya, but I feel like I need to tell you that
I think that your outlook may be a little off focus. I agree that the last
Advanced sequence was in effect too long especially in light of the fact
that it was such a crummy sequence ( of course, my opinion only), but I
think you did yourself a diservice by giving up on the participation end of
the exercise.
What I try to do, when I get to the "plateau" area is sit down and
re-evaluate the why's of areas that are giving me the most difficulty and
try to develope a practice regimen that will help me to at least improve
those obstacles if not overcome them. A "Plateau" is just a challenge that
gets placed in your path with a view to see how you're going to deal with
it. Do you give up or do you tackle it, in spite of the fact that
improvement may be so slight that it is barely perceptable.That's when the
test of determination can really test your make-up.
I know you to be a very strong person , one not to be defeated by the trivia
of life and it's my intent here to pass on to you the encouragement to not
let yourself be overwhelmed by some small failures to perform up to your own
expectations when there is far more to be enjoyed in participating than in
"just winning" and that joy should never be lost or abdicated.
My wish here is for you to embrace a refreshment of outlook. One that says,
" I will participate and I will enjoy it and have a ton of fun"
Hang in there friend, it only gets better.
Georgie