[NSRCA-discussion] Judging Question

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Wed Feb 28 11:01:44 AKST 2007

On Feb 28, 2007, at 1:05 PM, Fred Huber wrote:

> If you can't see a downgrade, you can't downgrade it

Yes, that's true, unless he's flying so far out that you can't see
the downgrade because you can't see the airplane.  Then you downgrade
for flying so $#@! far out!

>  Roll rate (as long as consistant within the maneuver) is not
> downgradeable.  If it had a blazing roll rate and noticeable
> pauses... its a 4-point.  its up to you to either be able to see
> any deviation form correct point orientation... or to assume they
> are on the correct orientations.

However, there is some "wiggle room" for a judge under the smoothness
and gracefulness criteria.  If two pilots are technically equal, the
one who presents the maneuvers smoother and more graceful should be
scored higher

> So... you listed no downgradable thing...  its a 10

That's the way I think you should judge.

Ron Van Putte