[NSRCA-discussion] Monokote on Monokote

Martin X. Moleski, SJ moleski at canisius.edu
Mon Feb 19 09:03:19 AKST 2007

Ken Thompson wrote:

> Personally I like the Windex method and let it dry overnight, gentle heat to
> activate the adhesive and call it good!  The Windex method allows you to
> reposition the trim for quite a while.

Next day, after the gentle (low) heat application,
you can also take a Q-tip dipped in trim solvent and
go around the edges of the trim ONCE.  The solvent
will wick under the edges and (when dry) will help
pin them permanently to the surface.

If you go around TWICE, the solvent will dissolve
the color/glue, which will flow out from underneath
the trim, stick the Q-tip, and you will produce
a loose edge that will catch the air and tear the
trim piece off of the surface.

Don't ask me how I know.  :o(

				Marty