[NSRCA-discussion] Monokote on Monokote

Ken Thompson mrandmrst at comcast.net
Mon Feb 19 08:23:52 AKST 2007

I believe you're referring to MonoKote trim solvent.  They say it is to be
used like any "wet apply" method, wipe it on with a soft lint free cloth and
apply your trim.  The bottom layer needs to stay wet, just as in the Windex
method, and squeegee out the bubbles, let it dry for 24 hours and go fly.

Personally I like the Windex method and let it dry overnight, gentle heat to
activate the adhesive and call it good!  The Windex method allows you to
reposition the trim for quite a while.

I've only used the trim solvent on a couple of occasions, strictly small
pieces and it does work.  I'm afraid to try it on anything large, though.

Ken