[NSRCA-discussion] [Fwd: Proposal]

J N Hiller jnhiller at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 24 08:57:14 AKDT 2007

Good thoughts Del. I fit the casual competitor profile. It is not about
winning or even placing well for most of us but we need to be comfortable
flying the sequence and many of us aren’t contest ready until mid season.
This is my first summer off in 50 years and I was able to fly on the nice
days mid week and was prepared for a June contest, new schedule, new
airplane and all. Retirement is great.
Increasing schedule difficulty has been necessary to maintain a judge-able
separation between the top competitors nationally but it can be a hardship
for the rest of us. A better approach may be to fly unknowns at large or
national contests that attract top competitors. Unknowns are probably a
better test of ability than thoroughly practiced repetition. But what do I
know, I don’t fly at that level.
Jim Hiller