[NSRCA-discussion] Movin' on up !

twtaylor twtaylor at ftc-i.net
Fri Aug 17 03:55:11 AKDT 2007

I'd like to float this idea to the masses.

Rather than have a point out rule in ANY class why can't this work?

Have each Class except Sportsman have a minimum acceptable level of
competency?

What I mean is we'd have to "Qualify" our flying ability to jump to the next
class. Rather than just being able to move up at will.

We'd have to have a panel of (For sake of argument Master class fliers)
judge an advance fliers ability to fly the masters schedule and the flier
must pass a 65% total raw score averaged across 3 judges 4  flights to step
up to the next class. Wouldn't this be better than just pointing out?
Wouldn't this give the pilot more incentive to do better? Wouldn't it keep a
flier where his skill set placed him? I'll admit I've not thought the whole
idea out from beginning to end. Looking at some of the Japanese sites they
do something like this.  The flier can be practicing the next class up once
he becomes comfortable with his current class.

Tim